who is watching your back?

CHECK MY BACK FOR ME, FRIENDS.

 I finished dressing up. Ready to take the children to school & from there go to my office. My children hugged me when I came out from the room & my daughter even said nice thing about my dressing. My wife gave a nice comment too. My children went down stairs to wait for me. I finished putting on my socks, and shoes. I stood up to go and greet my dad in his room and to tell him I am off to the office. As I stood up , my wife saw my back & she said, 'Mine, what happened to your trouser at the back? You can't wear this oo. After greeting granpa, you have to quickly change to another one'. 

I asked what happened to the trouser at the back. She moved close to me and she said jokingly 'see post office😀😀' I could feel her hand touching my boxer. The trouser had torn at the back, revealing my boxer and I did not know. I was feeling great with all the ' daddy is handsome, daddy ,you look greet compliments that my children who only saw my front view poured on me. They did not see my back to know that, their dad's trouser has torn. 

I said, I ironed this trouser myself yesterday. It was in a very good shape. How come it's torn and I did not even hear the sound or feel it in my body. Imagine me stepping outside and neighbours and people seeing me from the back and watching my boxer showing and seeing free 'post office'. It would have been a terrible feelings! But thank God my wife was around! She saw it! She called my attention to it! I went in and changed to another one and I was good to go! 

My dear friend, who is watching your back? Who is so close to you that can tell you or see it when your 'trouser' has torn? When others are hailing and praising your packaging and performance, who can call your attention to that area of your life that has torn? 

Many of us are married, but we are not so close to our spouses enough for them to see 'our back' and tell us when our 'trousers have torn' and any failure to change it can land us into public shame. 

Have someone that can be checking your back for you. A mentor, a close friend, your pastor, your spouse, or anyone who can see where you are lacking and call your attention to it. 

If there is any prayer to be praying seriously, is that, you are telling God to surround you with quality people who can help you check your life and correct you in love and scold you when necessary. You need someone to be checking your back! You can see your front yourself, but it takes another person to see your back for you! 

Have accountability partner(s) who can help you check your life, so that you won't step out with 'torn trouser' at the back and face street shame! I speak in parable and I know the wise are getting the wisdom in it.

Copied with a little alteration here and there.

Popular posts from this blog

NO WOMAN IS BORN USELESS

CAN I MARRY YOU?: Your spouse 'MUST HAVE'qualities before you say 'I do'

KEEP YOUR VIRGINITY TILL MARRIAGE.

HOW TO BE SURE IF MY PARTNER IS GOD'S WILL FOR ME

HOW TO GET A GOOD HUSBAND/WIFE

HOW TO PREPARE FOR MARRIAGE

CAN I MARRY YOU?: Won't u wear me out?